- Limited range of motion
- Popping in the joint or joint noises with movements
- Muscle weakness due to pain and disuse of the arm
- Generalized stiffness
- Physical Therapy
- Anti-inflammatory Drugs
- Steroid injections to help reduce pain
How exactly can Physical Therapy help?
- Increase range of motion and decrease stiffness
- Increase muscle strength as the muscles around the shoulder may be weak from disuse due to pain
- Joint mobilizations to help decrease pain and improve motion
- The primary goal of physical therapy will be to help decrease your pain and regain function
DID YOU KNOW...
Surgeons are now able to perform what is called a Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement, or Reverse TSA? This procedure is exactly what it sounds like. The anatomy of the shoulder is essentially reversed... Can't picture it? Check out the photo below...